May 29, 2010


From David Robson:

Re: Mice show pain in their faces, study finds (May 9): So we can conclude that mice do, indeed, feel pain.

I am not a Scientist but am a Chartered Engineer usually dealing with all things electrical. Without any science at all, I concluded, (probably when I was around the age of 5 or 6 since this is my earliest memory of anything), that animals are not that far removed from humans, (although I have to say I have a far greater respect for animals).

It staggers me to think that scientists are often paid large salaries and are awarded huge amounts of money by way of a grant to draw such conclusions.

It’s high time we were using the lower end of the human scale for experimentation. I hasten to add that I am NOT associated with any animal liberation group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home